Virtual University of Pakistan Study forum !
Sta730 Gdb Q. What do you think; nature of reality in social sciences is same as in natural sciences or different? Give five logical arguments in favor or against this stance.
Ans I think nature of reality in social sciences is different as in natural sciences because
1. Natural science stresses quantitative research
2. In social there is no emotional linkage between the researcher and the object of study.
3. Natural science tends to be based on repeatable experimentation based on repeatable observation of natural phenomenon.
4. Social science tends to be based on non-repeatable experimentation and the process of observing very often interrupts the social interactions attempting to be observed. And the subject is the human animal in society.
5. In Social science Research we commonly find subjectivity. In natural science you will always see objectivity.