Virtual University of Pakistan Study forum !
Task: Formulation of theoretical framework, Hypothesis development, and Research Design Objective of the Assignment:
The objective of this activity is to make the students able to comprehend the literature and identifies the variables (Dependent, Independent, moderating, and intervening) for formulation of identifies, hypothesis and identify elements of research design from the given piece of literature.
Learning Outcomes: After attempting this assignment, students should be able to:
• Identify the variables
• Formulate the theoretical framework.
• Formulate hypothesis
• And Identify the research design elements
Scholars have extensively written about the importance of spiritual values within the organizations and its gaining immense attention in organizational science (Mitroff & Denton, 1999). A need for leadership theory for leading spiritual organizations was timely fulfilled by scholars of this field especially (Fry 2003, 2005, 2008). Scholars advocate that people bring individual spirits and experiences in the workplaces that can be used for the positive organizational outcome. Research is still in infant stage. This study intends to highlight the impact of spiritual leadership on organizational outcomes (including organizational commitment and employee productivity) where ethics-based culture is proposed to enhance the original relation among spiritual leadership and organizational outcome. For this purpose, data will be collected using questionnaire. It is decided to take data only from those employees who are serving in their current organization for at least one year (they will be more familiar with the organizational values). Furthermore, data will be collected from Managers, Asst. Managers and officers (working in any department).
1: Develop a theoretical framework after reading above mentioned literature (Present it in schematic diagram after clearly delineating dependent, independent, moderating/intervening variables whichever is applicable in this scenario). 5 Marks
2: Develop at-least two hypotheses from the above case. 4 Marks
3: Identify the following elements of research design with justification: 6 Marks
A. Type of study (Quantitative or Qualitative)
B. Broader sampling technique (Probability or Non-probability) & type of sampling technique (from range of different techniques under the umbrella of probability & nonprobability)
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: • Students are advised to study the whole text carefully.
• Try not to include any irrelevant material in the solution.
• Try to come up with precise and original answers.
• Any act of plagiarism like copy paste from internet will result in ZERO marks.
• Assignments reaching after the due date would not be considered.
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”. • It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format. • You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format. • Use black font color only. RULES FOR MARKING: Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if: • It is submitted after the due date. • The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt. • It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc. • It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc. IMPORTANT 24 hours extra/ grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.