PHY301 Assignment No 1 Solution & Discussion Due Date: Nov 14, 2016
PHY301 - Circuit Theory Assignment No. 1 Solution Fall 2016 Due Date: Nov 14, 2016
Assignment 1(Fall 2016)
Circuit Theory (Phy301)
Due Date: November 14, 2016
DON’T MISS THESE Important instructions:
- To solve this assignment, you should have good command over first 6 lectures.
- Upload assignments properly through LMS, (No Assignment will be accepted through email).
- Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
- All students are directed to use the font and style of text as is used in this document.
- Don’t use colorful back grounds in your solution files.
- Use Math Type or Equation Editor etc for mathematical symbols.
- This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work. If some assignment is found to be copy of some other, both will be awarded zero marks. It also suggests you to keep your assignment safe from others. No excuse will be accepted by anyone if found to be copying or letting others copy.
- Don’t wait for the last date to submit your assignment.
- You can draw circuit diagrams in “Paint” or in “Corel Draw” or in circuit maker. The simple and easy way is to copy the given image in Paint and do the required changes in it.
Find the Equivalent resistance across the 12V voltage source, Draw the circuit diagram of each step; otherwise you will lose your marks. Marks 10
Determine the unknown voltage (V) and current (I) of each of following circuit. Mention the unit of each derived value. Marks 10
Answer the following questions. Marks 5
- I. A 12V battery connected in series of a resistor R, consumes power 0.25W. Calculate the current (I) and value of Resistor R.
- II. The mass number of an element is 28, there are 14 electrons revolving in shells, determine the number of neutrons in Nucleus.