Virtual University of Pakistan Study forum !
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Suppose you are HR manager in a well reputed organization and have to write a ‘suspension letter’ to a very studious and efficient employee whose services are no longer needed because of low occupancy. How would you apply all the elements of the “inductive approach” to lessen the impact of this bad news? Provide only the body of the letter (150-200 words).
Q2. Read the following letter carefully; identify its different parts (standard and optional parts as mentioned in lesson 15) and then fill in the table (given below) by picking the examples from the given letter.
Inter-Office Solutions Inc.
1289 Walton Station Rd.
Super Squares, IP, 3888
July 20, 20xx
Mr. Rodney Giles
Manager, Customer Support
Inter-Office Solutions Inc.
1289 Luxor Station Rd.
Cedar Springs, IL, 34985
This is further to our meeting of last week at which we agreed to hold a series of meetings over the next two months to review your experiences with the pilot implementation of the 1to1 Customer Relationship Management Program.
• As discussed at that meeting, the objectives of our review sessions will be to:
• Review and assess the overall effectiveness of the program;
• Identify and document strengths weaknesses of the program;
• Propose customer-focused solutions to address areas of weakness;
• Develop an approach and action plan for Phase 2 of the project;
• Determine the staff members who will make up the Phase 2 Team.
As agreed, meetings will be held every second Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. until noon, and the location will alternate between our two offices, the first one to be convened here at Inter-Office on August 14, 20xx. Fred Johnson of your CRM group is to act as the meeting coordinator and recording secretary throughout the process.
As discussed, at the end of the process, Deborah Buxton of Consultek will draft the summary report for review by the steering committee. As you requested, a copy of her c.v. has been enclosed.
I trust I have covered all of the points that we discussed. If you have any questions or would like to add anything, please give me a call at 745-9878. We look forward to seeing you at the August 14th meeting.
Standard/optional parts Examples from the letter
2. Inside address
4. Complimentary close
5. Subject line