Virtual University of Pakistan Study forum !
MGT503 Principles of Management Assignment no.2 SOLUTION
1) If someone is conducting the competitive analysis of the organization, which tool
would you prefer him/her for competitive analysis? Justify your answer with
First we come to know about the Competitive Analysis and that is:
As with any form of content analysis, you need to determine what you’re content goals are. Define the analysis criteria that you will use to assess content. This will help you focus your assessments. The more focused your findings are, the more actionable your insights will be. Competitor analysis is an essential component of corporate strategy. It is argued that most firms do not conduct this type of analysis systematically enough.
Now the tool that I would like to prefer him/her for competitive analysis:
The Porter's Five Forces model is best tool for competitive analysis and I prefer this tool because of:
2) From the given scenario, identify at least two competitive advantages of the
company. Justify your answer with rational.
Here are the competitive advantages of the company:
1) There is decrease in the rivalry between competitors, chance for ABC to establish itself because many wholesalers are associated with the toy town, which decrease the no. of competitors in the market.
2) The gain of market share, because ABC toys are a mega toy town, and its convenient for the consumers to shop at one place, therefore the market share of ABC toys is more than that of their competitors.
3) The small businessmen will be encouraged to join the company.
4) There is also the company is providing quality toys at cheap prices so large companies will make contract to supply them toys.